A Dermaplaning Facial is a gentle and painless exfoliation treatment designed to remove dead skin cells and vellus hair (referred to as peach fuzz) from your face.
This process increases absorption and efficacy leaving smoother, brighter and radiant skin. It is a great way to achieve smoother skin without using any chemicals.
Book a free dermaplaning facial consultation to find out if it right for you (see below).
Dermaplaning Pros and Cons
- Brightens complexion
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Removes 3-4 weeks worth of dead skin cells
- Removes facial hair (peach fuzz)
- Dermaplaning can help increase absorption levels when applying products to the skin
- Instant results – it’s minimally invasive so has minimal downtime and the risk of side effects is very low.
- It helps make the skin look smooth, youthful and radiant improving tired dull skin.
- Painless method of exfoliation
- It’s not advised on active acne
- If you have very sensitive skin or conditions such as rosacea or cystic acne you may want to avoid this treatment.
- Do not wear make up after the treatment heavy make up can trigger breakouts and irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does A Dermaplaning Facial Take?
Dermaplaning facial treatments take on average about 20-30 minutes to complete. Your face will be cleansed before treatment and a mask or other treatments can be added to your appointment. This can be discussed before treatment.
How Long Does Dermaplaning Last?
Dermaplaning will remove around 21 days worth of dead skin cells so on average most clients like to have this treatment once a month.
Does Dermaplaning Cause Stubble?
Contrary to popular belief Dermaplaning will not cause hair to grow back thicker or darker. The hair on your face is soft vellus hair, which will grow at the same texture and speed as before your treatment.
Does Dermaplaning Hurt?
A derma facial involves light strokes that are pleasant and pain free. Clients tend to report they find this treatment relaxing and enjoy the overall experience.
No sunbeds for 2 weeks
No heat treatment, gym, swimming or sauna for 2 weeks
No potent retinol, glycolic or prescription products for 5 weeks
Wear an SPF after treatment