Chemical peels also known as skin peels, use acids and enzymes to exfoliate away layers of the skin. This leaves fresher, clearer more youthful skin beneath the skin surface.
Chemical Peel treatments are designed to exfoliate and encourage the skin to renew itself creating fresh new skin cells. Maximum results can be achieved by having a course of skin peels.
Book a free skin assessment to establish which type of peel is right for you (see below).
Benefits of Chemical Peels
- rejuvenated brighter skin
- removal of dead skin cells
- even skin texture and tone
- reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- smoother softer skin
- reduce the effects of pigmentation sun damage and age spots
- reduction of inflammation and breakouts caused by acne
- stimulates collagen production for plump and youthful looking skin
- reduces open pores
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery time for a chemical peel?
Recovery time can vary on each individual but on average, after the first 24-48 hours, the redness should subside.
After a chemical peel treatment, you should take special care of your skin to make sure that you get the most out of the treatment.
Here are some things that you should do:
- Keep your skin moisturized to reduce obvious flaking
- Avoid sun exposure
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more daily
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Avoid picking at your skin
How much do chemical peels cost?
Chemical peels start from £50 at Darwen Aesthetics. We have a range of peels available. Consultations are free if you would like us to assess your skin and advise on the best treatment for your skin type and condition.